? ??????????????Sweet Beach? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (351 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 103448 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Lost in the View? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.9 (12 Ratings)??9 Grabs Today. 6647 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, April 12, 2008

talk about "High Class"

haha. so this is a goood one. James and I got a gift card for a resturant down on Siesta Key (which tells you one thing right there), so we thought we'd go check it out for dinner tonight. We pull in and this place looks like a hole in the water, but to our suprise offers valet parking, which is a must! Ok, that's different we thought, and we hand over the keys. We enter the building and are seated at our table. The wine menu is brought out along with a loaf of bread. Ok, so no wine for us, but the bread is exellent! As we are looking through the dinner menu, not one thing is under $30.00! I can't even imagine what the heck I'm about to order, so I got for the cheapest thing on the menu which is considered an appetizer which is $17.00. James gets an dinner for $31.00 and a crab cake for $17.00! One single small round itty bitty crab cake for nearly $20.00!!!! Are you kidding! Oh no, their not kidding. So we order and are waiting and waiting for our dinner for about 40 minutes, the finally here comes our child size portioned meals. I almost fell over. So I gobbled up my 3 chunks of shrimp and set the fake flower aside. So after that was over, and we made the decision not to have desert the bill came and was nearly $80.00 for the 2 of us! That's nuts! The $25.00 gift card didn't even put a dent in the bill. Then on the way out we remember we have to tip the valet guys a couple dollars. Cheers!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

arg!! How frustrating! I think I might have walked out after I saw the prices on the menu. Such outrageous prices are not necessary. Were your shrimp at least tasty?